ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON

With me around there are hardly any dull moment. Smiles are what I like to see, laughter is what I like to hear and Hugs & kisses are what I like to feel.Sometimes it seems like I have so much going on all at once. No matter what I always remain smiling because the Lord watches over me.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

At the movies

I know I'm real late but I finally went to see, Why did I get married. It was good but I guess because I had heard so much about it my expectations were extremely high. But I really did enjoy it. It was a little unrealistic. Jill Scott's character was not even believable. I refuse to believe there are women out there who's self-esteem is really that low. I can't imagine me getting off the plane without my husband and actually driving by my lonesome all the way up to the freakin mountains or wherever the hell they were. While he is on a plane with my best friend. And neither one of them offered to get off the plane and come with me. There is no way. Another thing that could not happen is my true friends knowing for sure that some other floozy is sleeping with my man and they do not pull me to the side and immedietly tell me what's going on. I would have been mad at all them hussies for having me looking like a fool by going out shopping with her and telling her all my business and all the while she is laying up with my man under my nose. I would not hesitate to tell my girl that her husband was cheating on her.

Anyhoo.. The ghetto girl in the movie, Y'all know who I'm talking about. She reminded me of me. I was sitting there in pure amazement at how her character captured the very essence of me. I was sitting there with Diamonds and we were falling out laughing because everything that came out of her mouth was something I would have said and just the way I would have said it. Even when I was at work a few people told me they thought of me whenever she was in rare form.

But overall I did enjoy the movie even though I paid $7.75 for a freaking matinee. I was absolutely floored when she told me the price of the movie. Why the hell does a matinee cost so dam much. Then the girl that work there had the absolute nerve to tell me she gets to see all the movies for free but she doesn't watch them because she is not really into movies like that. I looked at her like she had two heads. I told her she better take advantage of that because what they are charging is highway robbery. I'm considering getting a part time job there just so my family and friends came come to the movies for free because soon I won't be able to afford the movies.

6 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

The movie was okay... it made me smile a bunch of times... made me think too... it was Tyler Perry so of course it was missing some realness... the man shouldnt act !!!! he really shouldnt !

lol @ u seeing yourself in the ghetto girl, the way she toned it down and cooked him dinner was so brutal and unrealistic, but i loved her character !
so i'd actually love being around u :-)

November 05, 2007 7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the matinee too. I did a double take when he said $7. What happen to $5 matinee showings. lol

November 05, 2007 8:50 AM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

@ soldier...I felt the same way about it just being ok. Everyone was blowing it up like it was the movie of the century. But it did make me think also. Especially because I'm in a relationship right now and Lawd knows I'm not doing the right thing.

Yeah, I must admit the ghetto girl was me all the way. I have a tendency to be a bit raw at times.

@ southerngal...Please tell me what the hell happened to the $5 matinee and how can we get that back!

November 05, 2007 4:46 PM  
Blogger thee modern isis said...

I wish I could say Jill Scott's character was unrealistic.

Unfortunately, I have a friend that is just like her. Her man beat put her down so much with calling her names and making her feel as if she would never find anyone better then him. After awhile she believed him and took any and everything he had to dish out to her. From belittling her in front of friends and company, insults and even cheating on her upfront. She did everything for him including buying him things and he never recipricated at all.

Eventually, she was pushed too far and figured out that he wasn't too good for her.. but she was too good for him. She left and never looked back. That was something she had to do on her own accord.. whatever we (her friends) told her anything she didn't believe it or wouldn't listen.

Believe it or not.. there are many women out there that think the same exact way.

I live in Cleveland so we still have the 5.75 matinee price.. Thank God.

November 06, 2007 12:58 PM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

That is so sad. I know I have a lot of shit with me but I am all about uplifting and empowering our women. I come from a loooong line of very strong women. My mom's side and my daddy's side of the family. We don't know what it's like to have a disrespectful man in our lives. He might be a little shiftless but never ever disrepectful. So when I see things like that it's hard for me to wrap my mind around it because I have not been exposed to it.

I'm about to move to Cleveland just for the $5.75 matinee! haha

November 06, 2007 5:52 PM  
Blogger 2 Dollar Productions said...

That is ridiculous for a matinee as it's about $6.25 in Austin, which I think is extreme. And I always see matinees as it lowers my expecations for the actual movie, which is usually a good thing.

November 07, 2007 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home