ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON

With me around there are hardly any dull moment. Smiles are what I like to see, laughter is what I like to hear and Hugs & kisses are what I like to feel.Sometimes it seems like I have so much going on all at once. No matter what I always remain smiling because the Lord watches over me.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

I feel good

I'm feelin myself today and I would like to share....It feels good to be a young, and free black woman. I'm single, I'm sexy and I can do what I want to do. I had this overwhelming feeling last night as I was driving in to work. I thought about how I have a house where there is always something going wrong. There is always something that needs to be fixed, but guess what....it's mine. I thought about how I'm always talking about I'm broke but I always got a little stash somewhere if I need it. I thought about how it's just me, my daughter and my dog in my house and I just smiled.

There are people who have way more than what I have. Then there are those who are less fortunate than me. But I am so content with where I am right now. I think about where I was just 5 years ago and I think about how much further I have come since then. I think about how hard I work to maintain what I have. But I also think about how I do have my health so I can get up and do what I gotta do to get the things I want.

Then I look at my reflection in the mirror and I like what I see. We as women are always complaining about all the flaws we have. We focus on all the things we don't like instead of looking at the things that make us beautiful. If I could there are a few things I would change. But when I actually look at the overall picture I realize that I am freakin' beautiful. Part of the reason I believe that is because I am a black woman. That makes me feel so empowered. Just being a woman period is a beautiful thing. I wouldn't change that for the world. Women have so much power and they don't even realize. I am fully aware that this is a man's world. But we all know it wouldn't be nothing without a woman's touch.

One more thing before I go.....Women, I want to tell you something....Keep doing what you do. Don't worry about who the hell got something to say about how you're handling your business. If there is another female all up in your business, and she always has something negative to say. Then to hell with her because she is probably jealous of your swagger. If a man always got something negative to say, and he feel the need to call you outside of your name or trash your character to the next man. Then to hell with him too. Because regardless of what he says chances are he wants you and if you gave him the time of day he would love to just be in you presence. So if you are taking care of you and yours. If you got your own place, your own car, your own money and you depend on no one else for what you need. Then why would you ever worry about what someone else has to say. And women we need to uplift one another instead of try to break each other down.

BTW...I can not explain to you how this song makes me feel. I absolutely love Ne-yo.

Happy Easter!

11 Comments:

Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Thats a beautiful place to be. Happy Easter

April 08, 2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger Atl_Mack said...

Trina nice to see you are feeling good, I still need to see that picture of you. It's important to be greatful... I wake up every morning counting what I am greatful for and i automatically feel great... BTW send that picture to atlmack@gmail.com

April 09, 2007 6:08 AM  
Blogger 2 Dollar Productions said...

Happy Easter & it's always good to feel that kind of contentment at any time and for any amount of time. Enjoy it.

April 09, 2007 6:55 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

that is so me, always saying im broke, but have a stash. I always tell ppl I'm broke just not broke broke.

April 10, 2007 5:48 AM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

This is my first time here and just wanted to let you know I enjoyed the latest post. Most of the posts I read someone is complainnnnnning about something or someone, but it was nice to see/read that you are at peace with the reflection in your mirror.

Go on with your grown self.

April 10, 2007 5:48 PM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

I am loving this here, I needed to be reminded of somethings...esp. that if you got your own and handling your own, why give a flip about what people say or think, to hell w/em!

Thanks!

April 11, 2007 5:31 AM  
Blogger Chance said...

You are right where you need to be girl, Good for you.

April 11, 2007 6:46 AM  
Blogger Prophetess said...

See, sis Trina, you're expounding on that self esteem subject that I talked about the other day, and I love you for that.

Women always holla and uproar about being called out their names, but they'll always be the first ones to call someone else out of their name.

I'm glad to see you feeling and looking good and sharing the goodness in your heart and in your life. All it takes is one kind word to somebody and you can imagine how great it will make them feel. You got pep, energy, style, and class, and I'm glad I know you, girl, gotta come see you more often. You're one of those sexy and sassy women I talked about. A woman who is blessed and she knows it and don't mind telling the world about it. They better pay attention to you, to your words of wisdom. See, this is what I'm talking about... don't let me preach, alright, LOL!

I'm glad I came your way today. Keep on shining that Life Light...

April 11, 2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

I'm glad everyone was feelin' this!

April 11, 2007 4:57 PM  
Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

thanks treen..i needed some encouragement.
love u

April 13, 2007 8:15 AM  
Blogger DivineLavender said...

I love this post....I neeeded to read it 2day!

Wonderful

April 21, 2007 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home