ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON

With me around there are hardly any dull moment. Smiles are what I like to see, laughter is what I like to hear and Hugs & kisses are what I like to feel.Sometimes it seems like I have so much going on all at once. No matter what I always remain smiling because the Lord watches over me.

Friday, March 02, 2007

I'm still here

My mouth finally got me into trouble. Last Thursday before I left for my trip I received a phone call from my manager. She told me that she needed to take me off the schedule for the day because there was a problem and she was conducting an investigstion. She told me she couldn't give me any more details and she would get back to me a little later. I didn't really respond at first then when I got myself together I called her back to find out what was going on. She was very vague but did tell me that someone went to HR about something I said and she was investigating it. I asked her was my job in jeopardy and she said that it depended on what the investigation showed. WTF!! For a minute or two I was extremely concerned then I just let it go. By the time she called me later that day and explained what had "supposedly " happened I was already at peace with it. So she gave me more details and I told her my side of the story. When we got off the phone I just simply said a little prayer and I put it in God's hands. I made up my mind that I wasn't going to worry about what I could not control. I had a fun-filled weekend ahead of me and I wasn't going to let anything spoil that. When I left for my trip I didn't give the situation a second thought the entire time. Yesterday I finally got a call from her and she wanted to have a meeting with me. So we met and basically she told me eveything that was said and how serious the situation was. She told me that the manager from that floor wanted me to be fired, but she didn't feel like that was necessary. She said she thought I was a good worker. I know what I'm doing and basically because it is up to her whether or not she should fire me she decided to write me up and move on from here. I was pleased to hear that because I was kinda expecting that to happen, but I was definitely prepared for the worst. Our meeting was actually pleasant, if you can believe that. We both agreed that I would no longer have to work on the floor where the incident took place. The manager on that floor has expressed that she does not like me and I have also let her know that the feeling is very mutual. So we figure it is in eveyone's best interest if I don't have to be bothered with her or her staff members.

Moving on...I ran into my ex-mother-in-law. She is such a sweetie pie. I can't help but love her. She got some shit with her but so does everyone else. She asked me when was the last time I heard from her son. I told her I haven't heard from him and she couldn't believe it. Apparantly he is really trying to be a man about his situation. I must say I'm very proud of him. One of the chicks he dealt with before is now living with his mother. I know part of that is her trying to keep tabs on him. His mom told me he won't talk to her either. He even made his mom take his daughter back to her mother because he doesn't want the ex-girlfriend being around her and getting attached to her. I thought that was very interesting. Sometimes that boy never ceases to amaze me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Thank goodness you were prepared and didn't have to go that route. Co workers can be a pain in the arse!

March 02, 2007 5:13 AM  
Blogger deepnthought said...

I am glad of the outcome on the job situation.

March 02, 2007 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home