ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON

With me around there are hardly any dull moment. Smiles are what I like to see, laughter is what I like to hear and Hugs & kisses are what I like to feel.Sometimes it seems like I have so much going on all at once. No matter what I always remain smiling because the Lord watches over me.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

What's your Fav's?

I do some of my best thinking when I'm driving along in my car. Especially when I'm on my way to work or coming from work. It's only about a 25 minute drive but I kinda get in a zone and my mind just drifts off. I think a lot of what I think about has to do with the music I listen to. I think I have a pretty descent selection in my car. # 1 is Beyonce. There is no order in which I have my cd's arranged. It's not like I have her as #1 because I am such a fan. But anyway. I like listening to her new cd because it's an angry cd. Y'all know what I mean. It's not like the first one where she was just so in love she couldn't see straight. My 2 favorite songs are "Upgrade" and "Ring the alarm". Both of these songs make me smile to myself. They make me reflect on my relationship with my man. I'm not saying that they describe what was going on in our relationship but for some reason I just still think about me and him.
Cd #2 is a mix cd of all Jay-z. OMG!! I freakin' love this cd. My sister and I both agree that it was the best $5.00 we spent in a long time. There are 87 songs on it. Of course the whole entire song doesn't play but the way it is put together is the shyte. When I listen to this cd I just reminisce about back in the day when I was wild as hell. Always at the club. Always in the company of some thorough ass niggaz. Always getting my drink on. Just doing me!
Cd #3 is Akon. It's funny because I got this cd from my white boy at work. He swears he is black. Anyhoo, when I listen to this cd it doesn't remind me of a time or place I just kinda groove to it.
Cd #4 is a classic that I CAN NOT get rid of. It's Usher. I can listen to that cd over and over and never get tired of it. Every once in a while you will encounter a cd that is timeless and to me Usher is definitely one of those cd's. It makes me think of laying up with someone. Not even anyone in particular, just whoever. I think people who are in love should be sitting back chillin and listening to this cd. (Diamonds that comment was directed to you)
Cd #5 is also a classic that I love to death. It's Ne-yo. This is a cd I also can't get enough of. This cd actually makes me think of my men at work. They are all big fans of this cd. Especially "N" which by the way is my white boy. So whenever I'm listening to Ne-yo I'm thinking about some shananigans that have gone on at work between me and "N".
Last but not least cd #6 changes between Lyfe Jennings and Trick Trina. That is 2 different ends of the spectrum. I like Lyfe's cd because I can just relate to so much of what he is saying. I'm so sure most people can. It makes me think about how far I have come and how much further I plan to go. When I'm listening to Trina I'm sure you can imagine what I'm thinkin of. She is a nasty ass hoe. That is one cd I definitely do not listen to if my child is in the car.

These are just the cd's I can fit in my cd changer at one time but I have plenty of cd's to choose from. But right now these are the flavors of the month or however long I decide to listen to them.

On another note...I was going to blog about some more BS that happened between my cousin and her huband, but I was to pissed off to even get into it. I was in a good mood so I didn't want to ruin it by getting all upset over someone else's drama. I will get into it later.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Music does have that ability to take you just about anywhere and make you feel just about anything.

January 18, 2007 5:52 AM  
Blogger Soldier said...

It's true that in the car music has a really amazing effect. At home i tend to skip songs, but when i'm driving especially in the snow i concentrate on the road, the music makes me come down and forget all the work and school related pressure.

Beyonce is one crazy chick, i used to hate her cd till i put it in my car. Man, her cd is excellent ! When i get home after listening to it, i feel relaxed and very hungry... lol
Akon, lord, no, no... his voice is irritating to me.

January 18, 2007 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew girl!!!!
lol it was funny u shouted me out cause as I was readin i was FEELIN that statement about folx in love listen to Usher...yes indeedy...umm
u know that's my joint. lol
and u know me and being in LOVE...lol
u know BEE is on my favs as well...and Musiq is timeless to me too...hmmm lemme think who else

January 18, 2007 5:51 PM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

@ ladynay...Music definitely calms the savage beast. hahaha

@ southerngal...I was also pleasantly surprised by Akon's cd. It is pretty good. Honestly I don't know which Trina it is. I kinda ripped somebody off for it. hahaha. I'll have to ask that person :-) As far as MJB she gets plenty of airtime in the house when I'm cleaning. Lauren Hill I need to go and repurchase

@ soldier...The first time I heard B's latest cd I didn't really think I liked it either then after really listening to it I fell in love with it. Why does her cd make you feel hungry? hahaha

@ diamonds...You was the one how put me on to Usher in the first place so I had to shout you out. When I moved in my house I think that's when I lost Musiq. I definitely need to repurchase that one again also.

January 18, 2007 7:28 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

music definately moves me....when i decided it was over with me a hubby...gotta go gotta leave by vivian green was my theme..

hmm i can't wait to read more about cousin and hubby, don't keep us waiting.

January 19, 2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

this really makes it even more certain i need to get that adapter for my ipod. i have more stuff on there than cds i own since mine were stolen last year. you've made me do it now.

January 19, 2007 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home