ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON

With me around there are hardly any dull moment. Smiles are what I like to see, laughter is what I like to hear and Hugs & kisses are what I like to feel.Sometimes it seems like I have so much going on all at once. No matter what I always remain smiling because the Lord watches over me.

Friday, October 06, 2006

GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY

Four year ago when my mother passed I remember when we got home from the hospital my little brother asked me if he would have to go live with his father. I told him if he didn't want to then I would make sure that didn't happen. So once the funeral was over and things started to settle down again me and my grandmother figured we had to do something about the kids. At the time my brother was 15 and my youngest sister was 12. The first thing we did was apply for social security for the kids. When we got there the woman who was handling our case was acting like we were trying to commit fraud or something and me and my grandmother were looking all dumbfounded because we had no clue what the hell was going on. Anyway she told us that someone else was collecting moeny for the kids already. She told us their father had been getting money for them. We had no idea that was going on. So to make a long story short everything was temporarily turned over to me because I had filed for custody of the kids. As soon as he found out about that then all of a sudden he wanted to fight me for custody. It went on for an entire year. Finally we were having the last and final court date. As you can imagine there was a lot that happened in that year, including my little sister asking her father to please drop the custody suite because she knew he only wanted the money he was getting he didn't really want them. Needless to say he went off about that and he started saying that we were brainwashing her. He just didn't realize how intelligent and aware she was. He had no idea that his 12 year old daughter had a higher IQ than he did.

So the last court date comes around and my little brother informs me that he has decided to go live with his dad. I told him I was fine with that if that is what he wanted. He also gave me a letter to give to the judge. When we got to court I told the judge I was no longer fighting for custody of my little brother because he made his decision to stay with his father. I also explained that originally I didn't want to split them up but if it happens that way it would not be a problem. I assured the judge that they would still be able to keep in close contact with one another since their father did not live far from me at all, and they would still go to the same school district. Well to make a long story short(to late). I was awarded full custody of my little sister and their father was awarded full custody of my little brother. We both had liberal visitation and we agreed to that.

Now it is 4 years later and since then my little sister barely speaks to her father because he has been so mean and nasty to her. Once during the custody battle he told me that if he didn't get his kids then his daughter would be pregnant and his son would be in jail. So now whenever I see him I make sure to make comments about how well she is doing and how well she is being taken care of. He didn't want anything to do with her afterwards because she chose to stay with me. Eventhough he was being an asshole I still encouraged my sister to have a relationship with him because after all, he is still her father. One day she called me and told me he had said something so mean to her. I coud not believe he would let those words come out of his mouth. After that I told her that she didn't have to be bothered with him anymore if she didn't want to.

A few days ago my little brother called me and told me that social security was trying to stop sending his check. He is now 18 and he has a job but he is still in school. His dad told him that if his money didn't come and he couldn't give him the money he pays him every month for rent then he has to get out and he will call the cops on him if he has to. He also told him that if he doesn't like it he can kiss his ass. He said this as he is bending over to show him his ass, and just exactly where he can kiss it.

I tried so hard not to say it but I just had to say I told you so. I wasn't trying to make him feel bad or rub it in. I only said it because my little brother was the only one who could not see that his father only cared about the money he was getting. As soon as he though the well was running dry he didn't want to be bothered with him any more. Me and my other sister already talked to him and told him he is more than welcome to come stay with us. We both have the room for him and it wouldn't be any inconvenience, just an adjustment.

7 Comments:

Blogger shereejoi said...

After reading that Iam beyond pissed that someone like that man would dare act like that he is an ignorant asshole who will get what he deserves, he will probably burn in hell for acting like that towards his children, that's a damn shame, I guess the only thing you can do for people like him is pray for them, because he definetly needs it.

October 07, 2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger deepnthought said...

I am so sorry that children have to go thru that. We went thru a similar experience when my mother passed, with one my youngest brother. I just pry for your siblings and I pray for their father. You reap what you sow. He will need them and I pray that they have compassion for him, but if they dont, who could blame them.

October 07, 2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger 2 Dollar Productions said...

That's a tough situation all the way around, and it's nice of you not to hold it over him.

That being said, it will take an adustment for everyone.

October 08, 2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

i wanna say i can't believe that.
but u told me all along.
all i know is that, that man ain't gonna be blessed being ugly to his flesh and blood like that.

ur brother is blessed to have big sisters like u and dan...

God is watching, and u already knows He got ur back.

i luv u!
chan

October 11, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Prophetess said...

That's a shame, Trina. You're right: God DON'T like ugly, and your dad was sure being ugly to all you all.

Your brother is indeed blessed to have you and your other siblings in his life to help him along. God bless all of you.

October 11, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

Not my dad, his dad. My dad has opened his ams to them.

October 11, 2006 9:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

After reading your post, I really believe that your brother only chose to stay with his father not to slight you or any of the other family members but to keep down confusion.

It's sad that he had to find out what kind of man or how much of a man his father was not this way. It's good that he has someone like you in his life to keep him on point ......

October 19, 2006 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home