ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON

With me around there are hardly any dull moment. Smiles are what I like to see, laughter is what I like to hear and Hugs & kisses are what I like to feel.Sometimes it seems like I have so much going on all at once. No matter what I always remain smiling because the Lord watches over me.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The chronicles...we actually started dating

The next day we made plans to see each other. We decided to go to the movies. On the way there the craziest thing happened....We were driving along just boppin' to some good music and my car all of a sudden starts to decelerate. WTF!! It came to a complete stop and shut down on the highway in the far left lane(aka the fast lane). It wouldn't start back up. It wouldn't
do a daggone thing. Well some guy stopped and helped Boss push it off the road into a parking lot. I was devasted. All sorts of things were running thru my mind, Like how were we going to get home and more importantly how am I going to get to work in the morning. I called my daddy because I always call him when anything goes wrong. He told me he would be there to get us. I so calmly and nicely told Boss, "Listen, no one meets my daddy. You better act like you have some home training even if you really don't. Please do not speak unless you are spoken to". Of course he looked at me like I was crazy, but I was dead serious. When my daddy got there they both had jokes about my car breaking down and I didn't appreciate it at all and I sure didn't see anything funny.

Two days later I still didn't have a car, but it was in the shop. I was so distraught over the situation. Boss asked me if I would take a walk with him later on that night. I agreed eventhough I was in no mood to really be bothered with him or anyone else for that matter. So since it was Friday night and I didn't have to worry about anything until Monday morning I decided to just try to enjoy the weekend. We walked a few blocks to this local bar. I looked at him like he was crazy, because I had no intentions on going into this little dive bar. He made a phone call and told who ever was on the other end that he was here and we were waiting. I asked him who the hell he was talking to and he said not to worry about it. A few minutes later after we had a drink he said,"let's go". We walked outside and at that very moment a stretch limo pulled up and parked on the corner. The driver got out and greeted Boss. He introduced himself to me and let me know he would be our chauffer for the evening. I just laughed at Boss. All I could think was, "dam I look a mess". I had on some real regular jeans, a tank top, a jean jacket and some sneakers. I asked, "where do you think you are taking me with me looking a mess like this"? He told me I looked fine and he said that since I was stressing about my car he wanted to take me out and get my mind off of it for a while. He said he just wanted us to go to Philly and find something to do. We went to a pool hall. He is really good at shooting pool so that's what we did. Afterwards he asked if I was hungry. I told him I'm always hungry so the driver mentioned some spot that neither one of us had ever been to. He said, "I'll go in and get you two a menu and if you like what you see then you can stay and if you're not to sure about it then I will take yall some place else. So when we got there it seemed like a decent spot. It was called Chickey and Pete's. They had crab fries on the menu and I ordered some. When I tasted them, OMG. They were so freakin' delicious I was ranting and raving about how good they were. He was looking at me like I was crazy. He learned real quick that I'm not one of those girls that acts to shy to eat around a man. Shyte... I was tearing that food up. It was good food, a nice atmosphere, good company and good conversation. That was just what I needed at the time.

I remember on our way home Toni had to stop for gas(the driver). It just so happens that there was a big concert that went on that night. Some guy that was at the gas station asked Toni who was in the limo. He lied and said it was a rapper and the guy told him that he can rap and he happens to have a tape in the car. So Toni took it and told the guy that he would give it to him and see what he can do for him. Meanwhile Boss decided that he wanted to get out to get some cigarettes. He had no idea what Toni and this other guy was talking about. So when the guy seen Boss get out the limo he followed him in the store and told him that he has a demo and he can rap and he gave Toni the demo and he wanted Boss to really listen to it and get back to him. He was trying to find a pen to give Boss his phone number. Toni was outside falling out laughing, because Boss was looking at this dude like he had lost his mind. So he just laughed and told the dude to give Toni all the information and he would get back to him. When they got back in the car they were both rolling all over the floor. It was so funny.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

I got some catching up to do, bbl!

This chronicle was funny! It was really sweet of Boss to hire a limo just to drive yall around town.

October 19, 2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger thee modern isis said...

I feel you on no one meeting your father. I'm like that with my grandfather. That was real sweet of him to show you a night on the town in style with the limo.

lol@ the limo driver.. getting that guy's hopes up. Probably had him telling all his friends he was gonna get put on.

October 19, 2006 7:17 AM  
Blogger Freaky Deaky said...

The limo driver sounds fun. That was kind of mean getting the pump jockey excited about getting his big break. LOL!

October 19, 2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger deepnthought said...

very cool.

October 19, 2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This was funny as all get out! When I read this post I laughed out loud.

I see your mind is probably off the fact that your car is broken. Boss, knows how it's done.

I'm glad I stopped by, I will definitely be back.

October 19, 2006 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home