ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON

With me around there are hardly any dull moment. Smiles are what I like to see, laughter is what I like to hear and Hugs & kisses are what I like to feel.Sometimes it seems like I have so much going on all at once. No matter what I always remain smiling because the Lord watches over me.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Updating What's Going On

First of all it took me forever to start this post because I had to set up an account with the new blogger on google. At first I kept trying to bypass it and just get to my dash board so I could just freakin blog but no matter what I did it wouldn't let me so I had to follow the rules and update....

Anyway...last night my daughter had her first scrimage. I was kind of excited about it but I didn't really know how excited I was until they actually started playing. Her team kind of sux but I'm assuming they will get better. This is only the third week they have been practicing
Before we got there she called her dad to ask if he was coming and of course he had the days mixed up. He though it was next Saturday. But because he is the wonderful father he is he was right there in no time flat. His wife and step son was with him. The step son is a real character. He always calls me his girlfriend. He is just to much and he is getting tall and very handsome. His wife and I were running our mouths so much we missed half the game. I swear I love that woman. We did stop gossiping long enough to enjoy the last part of the game. At first my daughter's team was being blown out then they started turning it around and they made a couple of good shots. That's when I started getting into it. If you read the last post I mentioned a girl that was really big. Well It just so happens she was on the other team they had to play. She was pretty good. She played the whole game and of course they couldn't really do anything with her. She was rough housing my daughter's whole team. My daughter just needs someone to do some one-on-one with her and she might play pretty good. So her dad is going to make extra time to show her a few things. I don't really know how much that's going to help her because he swears he can play. When I was with him 13 years ago I wasn't all that impressed with his basketball skills. Everytime he went to the court he would come home with a new injury. I'm talking about severe injuries. One time he went to the hospital and had a splint put on his right thumb. Another time he took a hit to his testicles that also landed him in the hospital and almost had him sterile. He was soft for almost 2 weeks (you know what I mean). Maybe he should not have been out there in the first place being as though he is only 5'6".
Anyhoo....It was a descent scrimage. Of course my daughter had an attitude afterwards and was ready to fight two of the girls. At first I was getting her all rowdy but then I calmed her down and told her that's not going to happen. I told her that I know there will be smart comments and attitudes flying because they are girls but that's not good sportsmanship to let that stuff get to her. She was calmer and said she would do better with her quick temper.

Afterwards I called Diamonds and we went to her house. It was my first time at her new place so of course I got lost. I always love going to her house because she is always trying to be so hospitable. Honestly it irks me because she over does it. She is always apologizing when things aren't perfect at her place. We are like family so I could care less about what's going on in her house because it's never as bad as she tries to make it seem. She is better than me because I hardly ever apologize for what my place is looking like at the time. Although if she came over right now I would have to keep her out of the kitchen. The dog decided I wasn't paying her enough attention so she decided to knock the trash over and make a mess all over the freakin' floor. My daughter picked up the trash but the floor definitely needs to be mopped. I will be doing that ASAP.

I was really happy to see her doing well. Just seeing her settled with her children. Not to mention the new car. Go 'head girl. Do the dam thing! hahaha. It's funny because there is always someone at work asking me about her and how she is doing and why doesn't she hardly work? Then when I tell them she is fine they always say something like "How does she live and pay bills when we never see her here working?" But apparantly whatever she is doing is working for her.

Meanwhile back at the ranch I have worked a million hours just this week alone. I always complain but the truth is I love this place. I am starting to get a little tired of being here. I'm actually getting tired of the drive. It's only about 15 miles but after a while 15 miles can become a pain in the ass if it's everyday. So after tonight I'm going to maybe take off about 5 or 6 days. Until I get bored out of my mind and I just have to come back in here.

Oh, one more thing before I go. I finally met "D's" girlfriend. He was at the scrimage. He was there to see his little cousin play. If you don't know who "D" is then refer back to the post "My Men" Him and Diamonds are the most important people to me at our job. I was going to meet her anyway some time next week but it just so happens that we were at the same place at the same time. They were so cute together. But we are still going out to dinner because we didn't get a chance to talk.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nexgrl said...

Maybe your daughter's Dad will be a better coach than he is a player. Just a thought.

January 28, 2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

Sounds like your ex has heart. Skill is nothing with out heart. Hopefully your daughter will come into her own skill.

January 29, 2007 8:44 AM  
Blogger deepnthought said...

she will be fine. Girl you know the old saying, "those who can play, and those who cant, coach."

She will be fine. Its great you get along well with her dad and his wife.

January 29, 2007 9:07 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

"The dog decided I wasn't paying her enough attention so she decided to knock the trash over and make a mess all over the freakin' floor."

HAHHAHAHAHAH! i dont mean to laugh but i understand this SOOOO well. my grandmother has a poodle that really thinks his ass is HUMAN and so when he doesnt get the attention he "feels" he deserves, he starts "acting out" just like a kid! peeing on the floor (he's damn 10 years old and has BEEN house-trained for years), whining, sulking...that damn dog is HILARIOUS!

January 30, 2007 8:49 PM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

@ nex girl...I hope so

@ southerngal...My fingers are crossed also.
For me my job is more fun than work.

@ someone...I hope she sticks with it and gets good at it.

@deepthought...Me and her dad are the best of friends and his wife is the sweetest person in the world so it was easy to love her.

@ fallen angel...That dog has come so close to being homeless more times than I can count. She seems to think she pays the mortgage.

January 30, 2007 9:08 PM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Awwwww good times with good people! Glad your teaching good sportmanship. Talking junk is part of the game most times.

January 31, 2007 10:43 AM  
Blogger me said...

i love that you get along with the wife of your daughters' father. lmao @his injuries. omg the bf STAY hurt!! drives me insane!! can you get yourself together please????

February 01, 2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

awww...i missed this post.
:)
i am so glad that u are here for me...and yeah i stress a bit. lol
u know me.

glad u finally made it over, and i'm still tryna get things together over here.
i guess imight just let go of the old gig...them folx is a trip.

i'm rich in my mind...and hopefully real soon it'll materialize...then they'll really be blown away. lol

luv u

February 07, 2007 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home