ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON

With me around there are hardly any dull moment. Smiles are what I like to see, laughter is what I like to hear and Hugs & kisses are what I like to feel.Sometimes it seems like I have so much going on all at once. No matter what I always remain smiling because the Lord watches over me.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

MY BABY

If you have been reading my blog for a while then you know that I have had problems with my child before. Nothing major. Just the usual coming of age crap that preteens go through. Well, the last couple of weeks I have been seeing some improvement. Actually she got into trouble because I found out she has been keeping in contact with some little boy that I specifically told her she can not talk to. It's not just him it's boys in general. I feel like she is to young to be carrying on with these little rock head boys out here. Plus I put my little sister on the job. She pulled him to the side while they were in school and she put a bug in his ear. That's my girl.

Anyhoo, my daughter decided that she wants to play basketball. So of course I'm letting her. She goes to practice every Sat. night from 5:00pm until 7:00pm. At first I wasn't to crazy about it because they practice at the college. I told her to be very careful because most girls get rapped on campus. She looked at me like I was crazy and we both fell out laughing. But Lawd knows that is the truth. Anyway the first day of practice after I picked her up she was telling me how practice went. She told me that there were girls from all different schools there. Then she told me that there was this one girl that was a really big girl and if she has to ever play against her that she wasn't even going to try to block her or anything. She said she was just going to stay out of her way. So of course I was laughing at her. She was dead serious though. Then I started thinking that this girl must really be big because my child is not intimidated by anyone. She is not a big girl but she is tall and she has some nice weight on her. She is bigger than the rest of her friends and half of them are older than her. So anyway we were driving along and my daughter spotted the big girl so she pointed her out to me. OMG! I had to pull the car over because I was shocked. I asked my daughter if she ate another student while she was at practice. My daughter was laughing so hard. This little girl was no joke. She was just massive. I mean she was probably the same height as my child but she had to be about 50 pounds heavier than my child but she almost looked like she works out. It wasn't really sloppy weight. I just couldn't believe it. I'm going to ask to see some id on her. There is no way she can be in middle school.
So this weekend they have a scrimmage and I'm going to go because I'm so proud of my baby

A few days ago she came home with a progress report from school. I couldn't believe she has really bought all of her grades up. I was so proud of her. She will actually have a descent report card for the first time in a few years. She even had the nerve to say that she was going to do better because she knows that she can. I was floored. She even disputed an issue with her math teacher about her homework. Her teacher said she was missing a few assignment and my daughter asked her to double check and make sure she didn't make a mistake. I was so impressed that she was showing an interest in her schoolwork. She hasn't done that in about 3 years.

I wanted to reward her for doing good work so I took her to the hair salon. She hasn't had her hair done in a month. I usually try to make sure she gets it done every 2 weeks. Her hair is her pride and joy so keeping it done for her is always a priviledge. I took her to my hair dresser instead of her own hairdresser and she liked her. So she said she didn't mind coming back again. I could see her getting very nervous when she was getting her ends clipped. She was scared she was going to butcher her hair. You know how it is when someone new does your hair. There is always some nervousness there.
When she got out of the chair I was just to through. It still amazes how cute she is. I'm actually just starting to think that she is cute and everyone else thinks she is so gorgeous. But when she got out of that chair and her hair was so full and flowey. She has the kind of hair that some women would kill for. She had on her little Catholic school uniform. Then when she put her glasses on she is just to cute. She definitely looks older than 13. As much as I love her being cute I can't really appreciate it until she turns 18. Right now her cuteness is like a thorn in my side.

No matter how grown up she looks it doesn't stop me from pinching her and kissing all over her. She usually gets mad about it but she just lets me do it because she knows that I'm just going to do it whether she likes it or not.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's awesome that you make sure your daughter knows that you're proud of her. yeah, we all know that recognition is important at work, but what about at home?
~fallen angel

January 25, 2007 12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, I know about those big kids. My niece has this girl on her team that is 6'2 and swole. My niece is a freshman and on the freshman team in high school. This girl been that size since 7th grade. I am glad she is in a good place. props to the lil sis for checking the boy at school. you are right for being cautious that is your baby.

January 25, 2007 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard about that big girl! Good lawd she must have been a sight to see! Awww, I'm glad your baby brought her grades up :-)

January 25, 2007 7:25 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

13 that is an age....the boys are looking, hell so are the men....i remember when i was 14, I was in the mall and this guy approached me he was 21, although i told him i was 14 he still insisted on giving me his number. My mom found it. she was heated. she swore up and down i lied to him about my age. I never called him I knew he was too old for me.

January 25, 2007 8:09 AM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Awwwww first scrimage. Don't yell too loud!

As long as your daughter knows how to handle the boys (and the men) she should be st8.

January 25, 2007 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that she is doing better and she knows that you notice and are rewarding her for it. Kids these days are HUGE...I mean some 6 year olds are almost to my shoulders and I'm 5'2 LOL..let me stop but you get what I'm saying LOL

January 25, 2007 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home