ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON

With me around there are hardly any dull moment. Smiles are what I like to see, laughter is what I like to hear and Hugs & kisses are what I like to feel.Sometimes it seems like I have so much going on all at once. No matter what I always remain smiling because the Lord watches over me.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

THUG LIFE

How long do you really expect that shit to last? He had been so lucky, but trust and believe eventually your luck will run out. And when it does, then what? Am I supposed to hold him down? I had begged him to give that shit up. He had been doing it for years. I won't lie I have benefitted from it also. But enough is enough.

I remember the night he came home and told me about some new shit he had gotten into. Dam!! I'm trying to get this boy to stop this shit and he just dug himself deeper into it. He keeps acting like it's not a big deal, but I beg to differ. Now he is driving a brand new care every week. The money is coming in too fast. It is definitely leaving a bad taste in my mouth. He told me a long time ago that when I stop taking the money he will stop answering the call of the streets. I was in such a dilemma, the money was lovely but I was feeling real uneasy. So I stopped accepting anything from him. I actually started an arguement at the furniture store so he wouldn't buy us a new bed. But that shit didn't work. He was hooked. I know he loves me to death, but he thinks like I do. Money talks, bullshit walks. I finally put him out. Two weeks later I got the call.

Like I said before...how long did he expect that shit to last? Now what? Don't be calling me asking me for shit. He made this decision on his own. He didn't come talk to me before he decided to get even deeper into the game. I was trying to encourage him to go the other way but he didn't want to listen to me. He told me I was trying to hold him back from geting money and taking care of business. I wasn't trying to hold him back, I was trying to uplift and enlighten him. Now "the man" is holding him back.

9 Comments:

Blogger SilkySmooth said...

Hey sorry to hear about the incident, but you are strong. When I mean strong, I mean strong enough for you and the world. You cant be everyone's gaurdian angel. You tried and tried to influence good and bring out the good, but you cant win the good fight if the other person isn't even fighting the good fight. You were taking the money because that what you needed to live, but you realized that you wanted him to live in your life as a good man. But by then he had adapted your mine frame, in his own sense. Too far in to get too far out. You started to lead and he didn't follow. Don't feel bad because of what happened. I can understand the hurt, but don't feel bad. You tried and thats all that counts. You have people in your corner just like you were in his. Sory once again. Much love. P.S that doesn't mean you cant be strong for that man still.

December 22, 2005 2:58 AM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

@ silky...I'm not hurt, I'm disappointed. You said I can't be everyon'e guardian angel and you are right, so that means I'm not going to waste my time being strong for him...I'M OUT!!!

**Luv Ya***

December 22, 2005 3:49 AM  
Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

It don't last baby, take it from a reformed nigga, who use to get every dime out tha streets.

December 22, 2005 9:17 AM  
Blogger Rell said...

it don't last, it don't work and usually ends in something destructive.

sad really...

December 22, 2005 2:50 PM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

@ boss...I knew it wasn't going to last to much longer that's why I was begging him to stop.

@ rell...This has definitely been destructive to his life and our relationship...Thanx for stopping by.

December 25, 2005 8:16 AM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

Hey, Just stopping through to say that despite any of the drama, I hope that you had a VERY Merry Christmas and that your New Year will be blessed!

Wishing Very Happy Holidays to you!!!

December 26, 2005 10:38 PM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

@ danyel...he definitely will need good luck wished, but as for me I am not lettimg him take me down with him...Thanx for stopping by.

@ "n" search...My holiday was the best. I'll tell yall about it soon.

December 27, 2005 7:36 PM  
Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

whew...i know all too good.

i hope he gets a chance to make better decisions...he really is a sweet dude. lol

smooches mama

December 27, 2005 11:50 PM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

@ diamonds..Why are you always his cheerleader? (haha) But seriously he really is a sweetheart but he is stupid.


*smooches*

December 28, 2005 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home