ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON

With me around there are hardly any dull moment. Smiles are what I like to see, laughter is what I like to hear and Hugs & kisses are what I like to feel.Sometimes it seems like I have so much going on all at once. No matter what I always remain smiling because the Lord watches over me.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

It's with a heavy heart I bring myself to blog about this most unfortunate incident....A very close friend of mine, actually she is more like a family member. She lost her children today to dyfuss. It's a very long story as to how she became to have a dyfuss case in the first place.She has been having problems with her oldest son. She had been reaching out to various organizations to get help for him because she started to realize that he was getting out of control. Things had been going smoothly for a while then just recently things began to spin out of control again. In the meantime she also has two little girls. She is a struggling single mother and works very hard. Her son was suspended from school for two days and she had no knowledge until after the fact. That is only because she leaves for work before he leaves for school. He also gets home a few minutes before she does so he was able to pull that off for 2 days. In her defense I have to say I understand what it's like to have a "latch-key" kid. Fortunately I don't have to worry about that on a daily basis. But still he is old enough to be responsible enough to do what he has to do. That is just an example of some of his shananigans. He has quite a history. Anyway because of his behavior problems her 2 innocent girls have to suffer. I know how this must sound to everyone. It sounds as if I'm bitter towards her son...well I am. I know all to well that you will love your child always and forever no matter if they are right or wrong...BUT...This is my question: If he has blatantly endangered the wellfare of her other children does she have to make a choice between him and them? I know that seems a little harsh, but there are secrets amoungst them that I can not disclose. I do realize that I may not be equipped to answer the question I just asked because I only have one child. I do not have to split up my love, time, or attention between multiple children. So maybe I'm bias because I only have one child and she is a girl. So I look at her as a young woman, and as a young woman there are certain things that she needs to be protected from because it is precious. (read between the lines). They say you never know what you would do in a situation unless and until you are in that situation.

When I went to her house to see her right after it happened she was in complete disaray. My heart immedietly sank. I tried to put myself in her shoes but I couldn't even allow myself to think about some strangers having my child and I have no knowledge of her whereabouts. It was as if someone died. You know how you feel when someone looses a love one and you don't know what to sat to them. They don't want to her the usual bullshit. Don't tell them" it will be alright". Don't tell them" we will get thru this". Don't tell them" if you need me for something just let me know". None of that makes them feel any better. So the best thing to do is not say anything at all just listen. That's what I did. When I couldn't take it anymore I just gave her a big hug, and a kiss, and told her that I loved her...............What else could I do?

5 Comments:

Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

this makes me wanna scream!
i know for so long...your heart has been heavy about this situation...worried that this might happen.
OMG! I'm just so sorry to hear this. I feel like I wish it could've been avoided...but I know it is what it is. So I'll be praying for babygirl and her children. Maybe this will be a wake up call..and she will get a second chance.
Ugh, it's just so sad Trina.
BTW...you try to pretend like ur a "rough neck"...lol...but you are really such a sweet heart, with a good heart! You are a wonderful friend Treene, I'm glad u're mine and I know she is glad that you are hers.

November 01, 2005 9:11 AM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

@ diamonds...I'm always going to be a "rough neck" haha... but it's different when kids are envolved!

November 03, 2005 2:09 AM  
Blogger latinachik4lif said...

Hey trina. I feel bad because you go to my blog and I don't really go to yours. So here I am. Well wow girl. Damn that is so sad. I mean everyone deserves a second chance just like what diamonds said. I mean from experience I have been given a second chance. And I'm glad because I could've probably ended up in that guys shoes. What I mean to say is that I could've ended up dead like him. But look at me. I'm alive, strong and a better me. I honestly have to say that I did change a lot when I moved from Queens(New York) to Tampa(Florida). Life is so much different. But in a way I'm glad. Well I'll write more about this in my blog. I don't want to waste you comment space. Lol. Smooches. Bye.

November 14, 2005 8:13 AM  
Blogger ManNMotion said...

I can only imagine what's left unsaid in this post but it's disturbing enough b/c it reminds me of a situation from my extended family where a couple of young girls would stay at an aunt's house after school with her three older sons who ended up into drugs and kicked out of school. As you can guess, these boys were not responsible and neither was the aunt who was supposed to supervise them. But their mom still sent the girls over after school so she could work late and not have to pay for child care. The girls got into drugs, and a whole lot worse, all before they were even 12 yrs old. Their mom was like "what am I supposed to do, sacrifice my career so I can be there when they get home?" If parents don't (or can't) supervise their kids...well, we've all seen what happens.

November 27, 2005 9:56 AM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

@ mannmotion...I see you can read between the line. Yes, there was a lot that I could not reveal, but needless to say she really has a mess on her hands. I really feel sorry for all of them.

November 28, 2005 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home