ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON

With me around there are hardly any dull moment. Smiles are what I like to see, laughter is what I like to hear and Hugs & kisses are what I like to feel.Sometimes it seems like I have so much going on all at once. No matter what I always remain smiling because the Lord watches over me.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Party Fiasco

Ok, I really need to vent about something....My dad's supposedly "bourgeois" girlfriend threw him a surprise 50th birthday party. She always acts like she just has it going on and she makes so much dam money. I have never had a conversation with her without her mentioning that she makes over $100,000 a year. Well what I want to know is what the hell happened to all her money when it came to the party. First of all she took it totally upon herself to throw the party. She had us under the impression that she had everything under control. She never asked anyone for anything, all she wanted us to do was show up. So naturally we assumed this was going to be the event of the year, because in case you missed the memo....she makes over $100,000 a year. (sarcasm) .

The party was a freakin' mess. First of all let's start with the food. She had a bout 5 measly trays of food so needless to sat there were still some hungry folx. The food was ok but it was not plentiful as it should have been. I mean what was she thinking! There was a lot of people from his job. All of our family was there including the family from out of town and she basically only had enough food to feed 50 people. Even if you only expected 50 people to show up you don't actually only have enough food for 50 people!!! What type of mickey mouse organization is she running. :). O.k that was just the food, let's talk about the D.J.......I'm assuming his services was free because if she paid for that bullshit there is definitely a problem. He must have been complimentary, and he came along with the price of the hall. I hate to stereotype but he was an older white guy. Now I know you can have a decent white d.j., but unless he has credentials, unless he comes highly recommended and you know for sure he has skillz, you DO NOT hire a white d.j. for a black man's party. I'm sorry but that's how I feel. How can you get the party poppin' if your d.j. is playing some bullcrap. Then when he did get to the r&b, hip-hop potion, it still was some sad selections, but the folx tried to make the best of it and get on the dance floor so they could get a little 2 step in. He didn't have anything up to date, no line dance music, no 50 cents, not even some Usher. I mean what the hell! Ok now lets talk about the drinks....We had to convince her to make it an open bar. When we first got there you had to actually pay for a freakin' soda. She should have had some punch. Each table should have had pitchers of punch or soda and it should have been refilled frequently.But then again why would I expect her to have plenty of juice or soda when she barely had any food. (what was I thinking). The decorations was sad. She actually told us she needed help putting up decorations. She should have told us she needed help buying some dam decorations! The place looked so bare.

It is so much stuff I could go on about. But I won't. I don't want anyone to think I was being unappreciative of what she tried to do. The reason I'm complaining is because like I said b4 she constantly brags about how much money she is supposedly making. And it was totally her idea to do this all on her own because she wanted all the recognition. Instead of her just coming to the family and planning it out better so we all could chip in and have the kind of party that my daddy deserved to have. It was actually embarrasing because all my dad's friends have money so they spared no expense when it came to the gifts he received, and in turn she couldn't even make sure everyone there got something to eat. For the people that came from out of town it almost wasn't even worth the trouble. We couldn't even get our groove on because the D.J. was WHACK!!

Ok I'm goijng to stop right now because I will keep going on I just want people to feel my pain. So now that looks bad on our part because she screwed up, but trust me we let everyone know that we, meaning the immediate family, had nothing to do with that fiasco.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 14, 2005 11:58 PM  
Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

i wanted to say it wasn't that bad...
(since i was there and all) :)
but after talking to you and seeing it from your point of view...she could've done a better job.
That's why i'm about to get into event planning and consulting...'cause maybe she just ain't know what to do with allll that money she got. lol

i mean u never know.

lol. i luv u and i think ur dad enjoyed it anyway...he got some bomb gifts!!!

xoxoxo

November 15, 2005 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home